Companies worldwide are wasting millions of dollars every year on outdated cybersecurity solutions in an effort to keep their networks secure as their organizations become more distributed and cloud applications become standard in the modern workplace.
With 50% of the U.S. workforce now working remotely at least part of the time and employees increasingly relying on SaaS applications — such as Google Docs, Salesforce, Box and Slack — networks have become more distributed and complicated than ever before. But traditional network security solutions have not kept pace and the costs of securing modern networks with antiquated web gateways have skyrocketed.
Traditional web gateway security solutions have become obsolete because they require cumbersome backhauling of data and expensive hardware appliances in order to meet the complex and growing needs of today’s distributed organizations.
Did you know:
- Organizations using legacy secure web gateways are forced to use private multiprotocol label switching links (MPLS) to ensure security and performance of network traffic between remote offices and headquarters
- MPLS links have a price/performance factor of more than 400x compared to best available high-bandwidth pricing from providers such as Comcast Business Internet and Verizon FIOS
- The presence of these MPLS links from each remote office requires more data capacity at headquarters. For example, adding 100 Gbps of bandwidth to 10 remote offices requires adding an additional 1000 Gbps in hardware capacity at headquarters.
- The additional legacy gateway appliances to support this increased traffic can cost in excess of $500,000 per appliance.
On Thursday, April 27 at 12 p.m. ET, Dan Cummins, 451 Research Senior Information Security analyst will join iboss CEO and co-founder Paul Martini to discuss these issues and more on a webinar titled: The Network Security Paradigm Shift – 5 Essential Optimization Strategies. Follow this link to register: https://www.iboss.com/the-network-security-paradigm-shift-5-essential-optimization-strategies.
Earlier today, iboss launched the first and only Distributed Gateway Platform offered as a 100% SaaS subscription service that redefines the way cybersecurity is delivered and managed. The iboss Distributed Gateway Platform offers advanced security capabilities, including real-time malware detection and response, content filtering, stream-based protection across all ports and protocols, behavioral analytics, mobile device management, and sandboxing in one comprehensive and unified platform.
Unlike legacy appliance gateways, "bolted-on" hybrid approaches, or cloud-only solutions, the iboss Distributed Gateway Platform is based on a revolutionary architecture that is ‘built for the cloud’ and delivers operational, financial and technological benefits not available anywhere else:
- Eliminating the need to buy expensive hardware appliances
- Saving customers hundreds of dollars per Mbps of bandwidth every month
- Significant datacenter savingsby reducing power needs, space requirements and operating costs
- Easily scalable and able to grow as bandwidth and cloud demands increase
about the Distributed Gateway Platform with a new whitepaper titled: The Distributed Organization and the Demise of Traditional Web Gateways.